Monday, July 23, 2012

Julie's Apartment: DIY Black and White Striped Nook Reveal

Happy Monday!  We've been delinquent bloggers lately, because this little black and white striped cutie joined the family in June.  Pictures of his nursery coming soon!


As promised, here are the "after" photos of the striped nook.  I added the brass bicycle wheel mirror, which I bought from CB2 ages ago, and the cabinet is the Ikea Hemnes shoe cabinet.  I love that when I walk into the house I have somewhere to stash my shoes, so they don't wind up on the dining room floor.  We use the top drawer for keys, iPod headphones, sunglasses, etc.  The carrot painting was done by my grandma.





I love that this little corner of our apartment feels "done."  We've also been making some changes in my living room and master bedroom...more to come on that soon!


3 comments:

  1. what a great use of dead space! i have been watching hgtv design star lately and always think of you guys. so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs